August 7, 2001
Quasi-Drug Product Release:Lipovitan 11, with 11 Active Ingredients
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (President: Akira Uehara) announced the release of Lipovitan 11, a quasi-drug vitamin drink that will be available August 8; a 100ml bottle will sell for 350 yen.
The Lipovitan 11 drink targets the hard-working people in today's business world by offering a unique energy boost. Although this is Taisho's fifth Lipovitan quasi-drug vitamin drink release, it is the first such drink to boast a total of 11 active ingredients in a single product.
This product offers the highest possible dosage of taurine (1500mg) available in a quasi-drug product, and also contains shigoka, a revitalizing herbal medicine that is more effective than ginseng. There are a total of 11 active ingredients, including L-arginine hydrochloride, which offers amino acids that provide the body with energy and also assists liver functions. Taisho also offers this top-quality product at a price (350 yen/bottle) that will appeal to everyone.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of Lipovitan D, launched in March of 1962 as Japan's first energy drink. The release of Lipovitan 11 is among Taisho's new business developments and it is continuing a project for distribution through vending machines. Taisho is also commemorating the anniversary with the release of Lipovitan D II, as well as with other campaigns, including prize contests where you are guaranteed to win, a first in the industry.
(1) Highest quasi-drug standard dosage of taurine (1500mg)
(2) Gives an equivalent of 400mg of shigoka, an herbal medicine that offers a wider range of revitalization than ginseng
(3) Delivers amino acids and the numerous vitamins and minerals of 200mg of royal jelly, known to be reserved for consumption by queen bees
(4) Boasts the revitalizing nutrition of 200 mg of lycium
(5) High effectiveness from a total of 11 active ingredients
(6) Easy-drinking effectiveness with a pineapple-cherry flavor